Thursday, July 22, 2010

a note from Alex H.






Today started off dragging myself out of bed to go make a lunch and eat breakfast. When we got to the worksite we worked hard in the morning. But I decided to go fishing during lunch so I spent lunch and about a hour after lunch fishing. I caught so many fish but then I got to thinking. I thought about how this place will close down soon and that I want to go home but I also want to stay. Leaving without finishing I will go home feeling incomplete. But I miss home also. I thought about how this seems like nothing to us but it means the world that we are helping them. The lady our group is fixing up the house for is so nice and deserves this house. She brought me an umbrella to sit under because she did not want me to get sun burnt. I feel bad leaving the nice people and beaches but the hardest part is leaving an unfinished job that means the world to this person. I am praying that someone finishes our jobs and that they get these homes they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment