Friday, July 23, 2010

a note from Alex H.

This trip to Mission Bay is life changing. You will never look at your house the same. You will think that you are so lucky to have what you have. 95 percent of people lost every thing they had. And some even lost more. People have lost family and friends. Some even died on top of a Wal-mart. When we think something gets bad and then I think of how five years later there are still people who need homes and still live in small cramped campers. It’s a feeling that hits you hard. When that feeling hits you it's like a ton of bricks. You wish you could spend more time down here and that more needs to be done. I really hope someone will pick up where we left off when we're gone. I miss home but I don’t feel like it's my time to leave. But I made a difference in this person's life and that’s what matters. I enjoyed my time down here and if I could I would do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment