Friday, July 23, 2010

a note from Josh K.

Ending Bittersweet:

The trip down here in Mississippi has been such a great experience, but now with the trip winding down I have a bittersweet taste, not only from the good lemonade, but because I love the fact that I did so much in such a short time. But this ending has also put a bitter taste in my mouth that I have to leave this place with all the work still needing to be done. This trip has helped me to feel that giving yourself for the needs of others can lift you in so many ways and to help those who really need it makes the work so much more motivating and special. I felt the discomfort of not sleeping in my own bed and not always having a reliable shower for this one week and I can only imagine not having that for five years. I now feel that others’ needs can rise far above your own and this trip has enlightened me to seek out help for me to do for others in and outside of my community. I strongly recommend to spend a week just helping others for God and to see what others really go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment