Tuesday, July 20, 2010

on a sad note

Early this morning my husband's grandpa, Bill Gander, passed away. Grandpa had recently been diagnosed with lung cancer. On Friday before we left for the trip I was able to spend a wonderful hour visiting with Grandpa and Grandma and giving him a big hug before I left. This picture was taken a week ago with Grandpa, John, my mother-in-law, and all my boys. William, my 4-year-old, is named after Grandpa Bill. I have booked a flight home out of New Orleans early Thursday morning so I can be with my family. Though he's technically John's grandpa, he's been like my own grandpa since I was 16. The kids and adults here have been fantastic. It will be hard to leave them behind, but they will be in great hands. We couldn't have a better crew down here of adults and youth!

No comments:

Post a Comment