Tuesday, July 20, 2010

a note from Alex O.

This day has been a very proactive work day for part of my crew and me. Pastor Shelley said a couple other team members and I got to work at the main camp while the others were allowed to go work at their original work sites. Originally, I thought it would kind of stink. While six of the workers started up on the boxes full of “assorted items,” William and I hauled twelve generators. After getting all of the generators inside the trailer for departure we also had to carry thirteen shop-vacs. As we were carrying the vacuums, the other teammates were startled to find a four foot long and wide colony of fire ants! I decided to valiantly kill every single fire ant with the help of William……and wasp repellent. After minutes of conflict we ran out of spray and were overwhelmed with the ant horde, but finally after much pain and suffering I single handedly killed the queen ant. We were greeted with much rejoicing from all the workers knowing the evil colony of fire ants was defeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment